Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Hot Promo Action

One of my favorite '80s acts is Echo & the Bunnymen. What has proven amazing about the band is how they have managed to keep making records and touring for the last twenty plus years. Even more amazing is the fact that these later year albums don't suck. The last year has seen the band playing it's 1985 classic Ocean Rain at the Royal Albert Hall, with similar shows following shortly after in New York at Radio City Music Hall and the massive new arena in their native Liverpool. The sell outs garnered great reviews. And now comes a brand new record, "The Fountain", out on October 12th in the UK. The band are also touring the US in late October & early November.

Singer Ian McCulloch recently told writer Pat Gilbert "This one was exciting to make. I felt excited to think of the Bunnymen as exciting again. I've re-found my spite, some might call it angst. I prefer to think of it as spite. This album is about something, rather than just sounding like it's about something. It's about having lived life, but still feeling like a kid. I'm a not traditional songwriter. What I do at my best is poetry." When asked how he rated The Fountain in terms of the Bunnymens other albums Mac smiles - "Its the best thing we've done since Ocean Rain"

Now Ian has always had a monster ego but I am sometimes willing to cut him some slack. This is largely due to the fact that the music he & guitarist Will Sergeant have been making all of these years has been consistantly good. From what I've heard of the new record, this might have to be one of those times. Here is a little taster...

Echo & the Bunnymen - Think I Need It Too
_________


Synth pop duo Junior Boys are touring the US and Canada during Oct/Nov in support of their latest album Begone Dull Care. There is also a new single coming this fall on Domino Records, featuring Modeselektor and Prins Thomas remixes of “Bits and Pieces” and “Work”. The label sent an mp3 of the very tasty Prins Thomas remix for your auditory pleasure...
________

Junior Boys - Work (Prins Thomas Remix)

1 comment:

art58koen said...

Cool! Looking forward to try this new Echo, thanx.