Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Black And Blue Animal

Anyone I work with will tell you how much I love Miike Snow. Their self titled debut album has been in steady rotation in the 5 disc player for some 5 or 6 months now. I am amazed at how much I dig the record. It has sharp hooks and grownup pop smarts - definitely not a teenybopper record. On a related side note tho' - my kids (5 & 9) love it. The label sent a couple of remixes and a video to share. The Mark Ronson remix in particular is a real gem, stripping the tune down and turning it into a old school reggae-fied lovers rock jam.



Miike Snow - Black and Blue (Savage Skulls Remix)
Miike Snow - Animal (Mark Ronson Remix)
_________________
Buy @ iTunes / Myspace

2 comments:

megan said...

seriously the best interview w/ miike snow (slash andrew wyatt) you will EVER read: http://www.brightestyoungthings.com/music/byt-interview-miike-snow/

Anonymous said...

It was certainly interesting for me to read the blog. Thank you for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to them. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.