Friday, August 28, 2009

Funky Friday - Steely Dan Edition

Yesterday was my 15th wedding anniversary. As a present to ourselves my wife and I are going to Chicago for the weekend. Tomorrow night is dinner @ Blackbird. There is a Calder exhibit to see. There are a couple of Rick Bayless restaurants to consider. And to top it all off, on Monday night we are seeing Steely Dan live at the Chicago Theater. They are playing "Aja" in it's entirety, followed by a set of greatest hits. To say I'm psyched is to put it mildly. It is one of the first albums I bought with my own $ back in the day - Herbergers in Rice lake WI, yo! I love it dearly and can't wait to hear it played out. A kid free (I'll miss 'em a bit...) weekend in the big city doing grown up stuff? Priceless.
_________

Steely Dan - Kid Charlemagne
Steely Dan - Babylon Sisters
Steely Dan - I Got The News
Steely Dan - The Fez
DJ Ransom - Peg (Edit)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I'm thinking that these guys are so dated.....I mean I dug 'em, but it is so late 70s.....Then I listen to kid charlemagne and it is still, still, still spectacular. Enjoy.

mmrules said...

Love The Dan..
Thanks..
Have a good time at the concert..

Bobby Breidholt said...

The Dan!

I believe it was DJ Ransom who did that Peg edit.

cubikmusik said...

happy anniversary and njoy chicago.

cheers
c

drfeelgoed said...

How was the concert?

Degree One said...

The link to the Peg Edit is down.... really looking for that... re-up please..? degreeone@shaw.ca

heartbeatsandheartbreaks said...

ditto to degree one

lover the peg edit - can't find it anywhere, is there any chance you could send to me a dl link at
heartbeatsandheartbreaks@gmail.com?

fine work on here as always!