Thursday, July 19, 2007

Busted!


Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. Somebody ratted me out to mac.com and the DRM police forced them to remove all of my files from my public folder. So, you'll notice today that if you try to d/l something it will not work. I hope to get things going again in the next couple of days. I need to find an alternate host for the mp3s - can anyone recommend a service? I am willing to pay, but there are a lot of free services too. I need a service that can be read by the Hype Machine and Elbows. Any of my fellow bloggers have any suggestions? Let me know in the comments.

The record industry really needs to get it's shit together. It is apparent to me that music blogging has changed the music biz. Many bands owe their success to the bloggers who championed them early on. It is also apparent that the industry is conflicted on how to deal with it. Several of those mp3s that were just removed from my server space by the DRM police were record company sanctioned. I received promos from the labels, wrote the pieces, uploaded the mp3s, sent the label reps an e-mail with a link to the post, and got responses thanking me for the pieces. Go figure.

No comments: