Friday, October 13, 2006

Funky Friday Four Pack

It's all about hip hop and r'n'b flavor today...

Lupe Fiasco - I Gotcha
Lupe Fiasco - What I Do
I only just got around to listening to Food And Liquor, the debut LP from this Chi-town rapper, and it has floored me. The music is sweet and the rhymes are fresh. It's a whole new perspective on the rap game, from the skater rap of Kick, Push to the dizzying wordplay of What I Do. Fantastic record!


Kelis - Trilogy
A few weeks ago I posted about the latest Kelis record and I referred to it as a bit "up and down" for me. Well, I've come around and am a full blown fan of the album. From it's sassy lewdness to the genuine love songs to the few slightly rock-ist tunes in between, it's all good. This record deserves to be heard, and everyone I've played it for has fallen in love with it.


Q-Tip - Breathe & Stop
Everybody loves Q-Tip. The Abstract brings unique flavor and tone to any record, and I've been listening to his 1999 solo LP Amplified this week and wondering why there haven't been more of these...

No comments: