Friday, September 15, 2006

Funky Friday Fourpack

White boys bringing the funk in their uniquely white way...

Junior Boys - Double Shadow
Blogger favorites return with their second album of wistful, glitchy synth pop, with one foot in today's (and 1983's) world of technology and the other firmly planted in the soft rock of the '70s.

Justin Timberlake - Pose (featuring Snoop Dogg)
From the Japanese two disc version comes this silly little track featuring the S-N-double O-P. Hate on me all you want but I am liking the Prince-ly vibes of Justin's latest. I liked the first album too, so there.

Basement Jaxx - Oh My Gosh
This is a single from the greatest hits collection they released last year. It is not officially part of the new album, but it (and it's video) is included in mp3 form on the disc.

Heaven 17 - Who'll Stop The Rain (Dub)
From the recently reissued (and remastered and expanded) The Luxury Gap. I used to have this 12" and somewhere along the line I sold it. Idiot. Damn groovy and I love the tight hi-hat programming on this.

No comments: