Friday, March 31, 2006

Funky Friday By Special Request

I had nothing in particular planned for today, so I'm taking this opportunity to take care of a couple of special requests...

Loose Ends - Hangin' On A String (Contemplating)
This sublime slice of mid '80s Britfunk goes out to Greg who lost his copy of the tune in a hard drive disaster. This is one of those tunes that you should never be without - great programmed beats, killer guitar and a sweet melody make this the closest that any of the Brit funking bands of the era ever got to Jam & Lewis greatness.

Kid Creole & The Coconuts - Maladie D'Amour
Last Friday I did a mutant disco/No Wave post. Loki commented "love that Mutant Disco comp... 'maladie d'amour' has my favourite squirrel lyric ever...my copy is nastily warped and waved..any chance you could post 'maladie' in shining metallic mp3 form?" Anybody who likes a song due to lyrical content referring to squirrels deserves to have their wish come true. Plus it is an awfully good tune to boot...

Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
Just because I am really feeling it. Really.

No comments: