Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I Will Keep My Shit Office Job



Mobius Band. A modern rock trio. They play a finely balanced blend of moody rock in the style of Interpol (with whom they share producer Peter Katis) mixed with glitchy electronics. The record is on Ghostly International records, home to a mostly electronic roster. I'm not really sure how I feel about it. The singer sometimes reminds me of dude from Weezer and sometimes he reminds me of dude from They Might Be Giants, although musically they don't sound like either of those bands. I do like a lot of the music, especially Twilight, with it's chime like synths, buzzing guitars and bleak-yet-playful lyrics. It's the kind of electro-rock that acts like Caribou and M83 do, but with a tighter pop song structure to it. It's interesting enough that I keep playing it, trying to give it a chance - maybe it will grow on me, maybe it won't.

No comments: