Friday, September 10, 2004

Funky Friday with ABC

Since ABC were the subject of Bands Reunited earlier this week I give you their debut single Tears Are Not Enough. I loved this tune the first time I heard it, and promptly went out and bought the 45. It's got cool chikka chikka guitars like Chic, great horns, sharp and witty lyrics, and Martin's falsetto soars. It also features a uniquely funky harpsichord breakdown - not too many songs have those! From the LP The Lexicon Of Love, produced by Trevor Horn - one of the great albums of the early '80s.


Life's been hectic this week so there haven't been too many posts - this coupled with the fact that my updates are no longer being seen by the mp3blogs aggregator have made me feel a bit meh! about things. Can anybody shed light on this aggregator thing? It seems to be working now...

1 comment:

Michael said...

Wanker image, eh? I always personally thought it was kind of fun. You're right about being under rated though.